“What do you want him to do, get a pillow and prop him down? Gently tuck him in? Give me a break. What can you possibly (do)? If that is roughing the passer, what are we doing? And that’s with a game on the line. You’ve got to be kidding me. That was a horrific … I mean, some of the calls you see in this league are just so bad, it’s unbelievable. In big spots, they just make you shake your head. That was a terrible call.”
roughing the passer penalty on Giants on Kirk Cousins pic.twitter.com/okKJrepQHU
— Ted Buddwell ?? (@TedBuddy8) January 16, 2023
Lawrence was flagged on second-and-4 from the Vikings’ 18-yard line right before the two-minute warning. He did make contact with quarterback Kirk Cousins’ head, but the penalty appeared to be the result of his follow-through. Which was not all that violent to begin with.
The penalty gave the Vikings a first down at their own 33. And they would drive down to the 48 before the stall fizzled out and the Giants sealed their win — and a divisional round date with the Eagles.
MORE GIANTS ON ESNY:
• Giants said they could contain Vikings’ Justin Jefferson. And they did
• 12 hilarious memes, gifs, and reactions to Giants’ wild-card win vs. Vikings
• Giants’ Kayvon Thibodeaux celebrates playoff win with preposterous outfit
• Knicks’ Tom Thibodeau has high praise for Giants’ Brian Daboll
• Giants legend Michael Strahan’s post-football fame reaches new heights