Kayvon Thibodeaux with pajamas and a top hat. “I feel like we’re bringing back the old school and we’re just making it look sexy.” pic.twitter.com/028WsUU3ip
— Dan Duggan (@DDuggan21) January 16, 2023
Thibodeaux had a pretty quiet day in Sunday’s 31-24 triumph at the Vikings in the NFC wild-card round. He finished with three tackles and a quarterback hit. The Giants will likely need more if they are going to upset the Eagles in next weekend’s divisional round showdown. They’ll be big underdogs when they get to Philly:
Big Blue has opened as a 7.5-point underdog against the Birds, according to DraftKings. The Giants advanced to a third matchup with the Eagles after winning their first playoff game since Super Bowl XLVI on Sunday with a 31-24 win at the Vikings in an NFC wild card game. Philly had a bye week after clinching the top seed in the NFC.
The Giants lost both regular season games to the Eagles, their NFC East rival. But they acquitted themselves well in the regular season finale. The Giants rested their starters but still managed to cover as a two-touchdown road underdog in a 22-16 loss. The Eagles had hammered them, 48-22, earlier in the year at MetLife Stadium.
The Giants are 14-4 against the spread this season, according to StatMuse. The Eagles are 8-9.
MORE ON ESNY:
• Giants’ Daniel Jones is getting paid, no matter what playoffs bring
• ESPN’s Michael Kay shares scoop on why Mets-Carlos Correa talks fizzled
• Mike Francesa unleashes old-school Odell Beckham rant
• Gregg Giannotti makes Vikings-Giants pick in performative fashion
• 12 Yankees prospects to watch in spring training
• With no Carlos Correa, should Mets pursue Manny Machado in 2024?
• More good Jets news: They might be on ‘Hard Knocks!’