“He’s a clown.”
Francesa mostly rehashed his stinging comments about Jets coach Robert Saleh and quarterback Zach Wilson following the team’s embarrassing 15-10 loss to the Patriots. He also said the legendary Joe Namath’s recent blunt criticism of Saleh and Wilson should be heard.
“Namath is not a doddering old fool,” Francesa said. “He no longer drinks. He’s in very good shape. He has all his faculties. And he has always understood the game of football. And he has always understood the quarterback position.
“So when you hear him say that he cannot watch and it’s disgusting to have this kid at quarterback, and even going to the extreme of saying the head coach should go if he backs this quarterback, that’s Joe Namath speaking. That’s a guy who is the face and the history and the legacy of the Jets. He is the most important player in the history of the franchise. And he still carries weight with those statements. At least he should. What he tells you is obvious.”
MORE ON ESNY:
• It looks like Juan Soto trade rumors will return this offseason
• Jets’ Zach Wilson plan never made much sense
• Ex-Yankees bust Josh Donaldson didn’t care to meet Brewers teammates
• WFAN’s Tiki Barber pissed at Joe Benigno’s ‘bullsh-t’ in heated exchange
• MLB expansion back on table with 6 cities competing for 2 spots