Game of Thrones potential foreshadowing? Plus some playoffs positivity for the New York Jets in this Jets daily column.
The New York Jets aren’t in the postseason for the seventh straight year. But just because they aren’t participating doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be watching and taking notes says nose tackle, Steve McLendon.
— New York Jets (@nyjets) January 6, 2018
“Watch the playoffs, watch the Super Bowl, watch it all. Take it in and put yourself in those shoes and say you want to be there next year.”
This has been an exciting postseason so far in 2018. Hopefully, the Jets have enjoyed themselves. It’s impossible to predict this team being in the playoffs next year because of the inevitable turnover this offseason will deliver.
Here are the top questions for the Jets this offseason:
- Who will be starting at quarterback?
- What will this team do differently in fourth quarters to win games?
- When will the Jets commit to the backfield and bring in some new talent (whether via the NFL Draft or free agency)?
- Where will the Jets in-house free agents land? (Hopefully several will stay at 1 Jets Drive)
- How will the Jets fix their pass rushing woes?
Let’s keep the positivity rolling by looking at the top five offensive plays of the season thanks to the official site of the team. A lot of these players will have to keep the good times rolling next season to have greater team success.
This @youngamazing9 TD obviously made the cut.
Which others rounded out our Top 5 offensive plays of the season?
— New York Jets (@nyjets) January 7, 2018
Robby Anderson is coming off of a career year, falling just short of 1,000 yards receiving. While the youngster Elijah McGuire brings some explosiveness in the backfield, the Jets are going to need more juice in the backfield next season with Matt Forte’s likely departure.
“Game of Thrones” creator George R.R. Martin, a Jets fan who already has an opinion on the Jets quarterback situation gave his take in his online journal.”The Jets … should take Baker Mayfield if he’s still on the board.”
Other Jets News, Stories:
- What Todd Bowles must show Jets in 2018 (Darryl Slater of NJ.com)
- A rose-colored view of how Jets did in 2017 (Rich Cimini of ESPN New York)
- Robby Anderson spike play should’ve been a flag? (Ryan Wilson of CBS Sports)