The struggling Los Angeles Clippers have lost eight games in a row, and the New York Knicks will look to make it nine.
- New York Knicks (8-7)
- Los Angeles Clippers (5-10)
- NBA, Monday, Nov. 20, 2017, 7:30 p.m. ET, MSG
- Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
The New York Knicks (8-7) and Los Angeles Clippers (5-10) will face off tonight at 7:30 from the Madison Square Garden for the first of two matchups this season. The Clippers swept the two-game season series against the Knicks last year, however, that’s completely irrelevant in this season.
The Clippers put their franchise in the hands of Blake Griffin, as the Knicks have with Kristaps Porzingis, it will be interesting to see which of these stars will take matters into their own hands in tonight’s matchup.
CHECK OUT the New York Knicks Team Center: News, Stats, Standings
KEY TO VICTORY: DEFEND THE PAINT
The Knicks must keep the Clippers off the glass and out of the paint as they rank first in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds and fifth in points in the paint.
DeAndre Jordan as per usual has been a menace on the boards averaging 14 total rebounds a game and five offensive rebounds both ranking second in the NBA.
The Knicks must use their size inside to keep away Jordan from giving the Clippers any second-chance points.
MATCHUP TO WATCH: DeAndre Jordan vs Enes Kanter
While the Clippers have some interior beasts, the Knicks have the size and artillery to hang with them, the key being Enes Kanter.
Kanter ranks fifth in offensive rebounds per game, it’s crucial that the Knicks center gives them second chances on offense, and kills the Clippers possessions on defense.
Whoever wins this matchup in the paint will likely determine the outcome of tonight’s game. The Knicks cannot allow Jordan to dominate down-low and Kanter must prevent that from happening.
It will be fun to watch which one of these two glass-cleaners come out on top.
— NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) November 18, 2017
— NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) November 19, 2017
LA Clippers (via Delmy Barillas):
- Patrick Beverley: Questionable (sore right knee)
- Danillo Gallinari: Out (strained left glute)
- Milos Teodosic: Out (plantar fascia injury, left foot)
NY Knicks (Via Al Iaznnazzone)
- Tim Hardaway Jr: Questionable (sore left foot)
- Clarence Gaines is the brain behind the Knicks draft‘s (EliteSportsNY’s Justin Weiss)
- Tim Hardaway Jr was worth every penny and more (EliteSportsNY’s Robbie Stratakous)
- Kristaps Porzingis Similar to Aaron Judge (New York Post’s Fred Kerber)
- Enes Kanter = Charles Oakley? (EliteSportsNY’s Robby Sabo)
After tonight’s matchup, the Knicks will get a day off before hosting the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday 11/22 at 7:30.
Coming off of a blowout loss in Toronto, the Knicks will look to get some redemption and hopefully establish themselves as a real force in the Atlantic Division.