Here are ESNY’s Thursday Night Football picks. The Giants are a 10-point underdog, according to Sports Betting Dime:
James Kratch (4-0 against the spread, 4-0 straight-up): All the Giants have to do is get through this game without a catastrophic injury. That is the bar to clear. The Niners are one of the NFC’s elite teams. The Giants are not, even if they had Saquon Barkley and Andrew Thomas in the lineup. That said, the line feels a bit high. High enough to take the points, though? Not quite enough. Our concern here is not the Giants’ offense; they’ll manage to generate something, even without Barkley. But we do not see how the Giants’ defense is going to keep the Niners at bay. San Francisco has too many weapons and the Giants’ pass rush has been non-existent. It’s a bad matchup for Big Blue. It’s close for a while. But the Niners assert themselves down the stretch. This will be an ugly game. it will not be for the faint of heart. 49ers 24, Giants 13.
The rest of the staff picks:
• Matt Musico (2-2, 4-0): 49ers 34, Giants 17.
• Danny Small (2-2, 2-2): 49ers 31, Giants 17.
• Josh Benjamin (1-3, 3-1): 49ers 27, Giants 24.
• Ryan Honey (0-4, 2-2): 49ers 30, Giants 21.
MORE ON ESNY:
• Giants QB Daniel Jones is facing pressure-packed Week 3
• Jets’ Woody Johnson is begging people to give Donald Trump money
• 4 thoughts on latest report regarding Pete Alonso, Mets extension talks
• Michael Kay: ESPN New York won’t have FM signal, but WFAN might be bankrupt
• Craig Carton tweaks Michael Kay after ESPN Radio New York news