The New York Jets are speaking with edge rusher Erik Walden. That and Josh Kraft’s recent distasteful comments on the Gang Green Report.
When the roster of the current New York Jets is concerned, there are three terrible spots of concern for the personnel that many are calling the worst in the NFL.
The first and most important spot is quarterback, of course. The trio of Josh McCown, Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty rival the worst situations of all-time. Secondly, the cornerback spot is pretty horrid. Unless somebody like Juston Burris can rise up, it’ll remain that way.
And finally, the third weak spot is edge rusher. Or, more specifically in the Jets 3-4 defense, the outside linebacker.
On Friday, news came down that Mike Maccagnan is looking to remedy that spot.
Brian Costello of the New York Post reported that the team has recently had talks with free agent edge man Erik Walden.
The Jets have had talks with free agent LB Erik Walden in recent weeks. A name to keep an eye on. He had 11 sacks for the Colts last year.
— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) June 9, 2017
Walden, 31, has piled up 31 career sacks in 129 games with the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts. In 2016, he managed a career-high 11 sacks with Indy.
Walden isn’t a stud by any means, but considering the lack of talent at the edge spot for Todd Bowles‘s defense, he could help out tremendously.
CHECK OUT the Sports War Radio: The Jets Zone Podcast
Jets Stories, News:
- ESNY’s Robby Sabo explains why the cuts of Decker and Harris should be met with enthusiasm, not depression.
- He also writes how the two moves reveal that this Jets front office grasps proper decision-making.
- Josh Kraft, son of Robert, the owner of the New England Patriots, recently made distasteful comments about the Jets lack of history, or hall of fame, via Rich Cimini of ESPN New York.
- The Jets have signed linebacker Spencer Paysinger, via newyorkjets.com.
- Jay Cutler says the “stars didn’t really align” in terms of a Jets marriage, via Cimini.