The New York Jets will not be meeting with one of the top defensive players ahead of the 2019 NFL Draft—Nick Bosa.
The New York Jets hold the third overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft and have been doing their due diligence on all options available. Well, most of the options.
Despite desperately needing a pass rusher, the Jets won’t be meeting with star defensive lineman Nick Bosa ahead of the 2019 NFL Draft.
According to Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated, Bosa’s itinerary does not include a visit to the Jets, making them stand out in the crowd of the Cardinals, 49ers, Raiders, Buccaneers, and Giants.
The Jets Zone w/ @BoyGreen25 featuring @nyjets Team Reporter @EGreenbergJets:
– We go behind the scenes on #JetsNewUnis
– Player's reaction on new #Jets look
– What are fair expectations for Sam Darnold in 2019?
– & more!#TakeFlight #JetUp https://t.co/gSGqNWA3KI
— The Jets Zone (@TheJets_Zone) April 5, 2019
So what does this really mean?
This could mean a few different things:
- The Jets strongly believe Nick Bosa won’t be available at No. 3, so why waste valuable draft preparation time meeting with him?
- The green and white understand that nothing is guaranteed. Look no further than Sam Darnold, Leonard Williams, or Jamal Adams. In each of those scenarios, “draft experts” said those players were the best players in the draft but somehow fell to the Jets
- Gang Green is sold on trading down and thus, the question remains, why waste time meeting with a player you won’t be there to draft? It doesn’t make sense to spend time with Bosa if the Jets are intent on trading down.
- Or perhaps this is all some huge smokescreen?
All of these are legitimate possibilities. But remember that every NFL team is trying to conceal their true intentions at this point in time. Anything can happen within the next few weeks.