— Odell Beckham Jr (@OBJ_3) January 16, 2018
New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. took to Twitter and Instagram to showcase just how healthy he’s looking post-season ending injury.
Beckham suffered a broken left ankle in a game against the Los Angeles Charges in October. The injury ended his season. He rehabbed at the Giants facility for most of the season but is now in Los Angeles and working with trainer Jamal Liggin.
The receiver is progressing very well as he got rid of his walking boot last month and started running under water before moving on to more rigorous activities, according to Jordan Raanan of ESPN.
On Tuesday, Beckham posted a video of him working out on Twitter. “U kno how I’m comin!! @horseisbk,” he tweeted along with the video.
He also posted a video of him working out on Instagram.
Beckham looks healthy and is now training instead of rehabbing. It looks like he will be ready to play when the 2018 season starts
Beckham will enter the final year of his contract next season. In the past, the Giants have said that they want to keep the receiver. When asked about Beckham at his introductory press conference, new general manager Dave Gettleman said that he was once told by former GM Ernie Accorsi that you “don’t quit on talent.”
Beckham definitely has talent as he has amazed people by making one-handed catches and had 25 catches for 302 yards and three touchdowns in the four games he played this season. He had over 1,300 yards and at least ten touchdown receptions in his first three seasons.
“As a player, (Beckham) does a lot of things well, so it’s gonna be a fun offense for him to be in,” Diggs told Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News. “Because Pat knows how to get people the ball. He’s special. Good coach.”
We’ll have to wait until the 2018 season to see if Beckham thrives under Shurmur. Until then the receiver will continue getting ready for next season.