The 0-3 New York Giants hit the road for the third time in four weeks and look to get their first victory of 2017 at Tampa over the Buccaneers.
New York Giants (0-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1)
- Including playoffs, Giants own a 14-6 lifetime series lead and have won five straight meetings dating back to 2006.
- Giants have won 3 straight road games in series dating back to ’07 NFC Wild Card Playoffs (24-14), the latest a 32-18 victory in 2015.
New York Giants By The Numbers
- Lost to Eagles, 27-24, in Week 3.
- The defense has allowed four touchdown passes and has yet to intercept a pass in three games this season.
- Scored 37 points: four offensive TD in three games in ’17 (24 points and three TD in the fourth quarter of Week 3 loss to Eagles).
- QB Eli Manning: 30 TD passes, 20 INT in 19 regular season games since ’16 (65 TD passes, 28 INT in 32 games from 2014-15).
Tampa Bay Buccaneers By The Numbers
- Lost to Minnesota Vikings, 34-17, in Week 3.
- QB Jameis Winston: 23 TD passes, 13 INT, four lost fumbles in last 14 games dating back to ’16 (9-5); eight TD passes, eight INT, two lost fumbles in first four games (1-3) in ’16.
- 31 takeaways in last 14 games (9-5) dating back to ‘16; two takeaways in first four games (1-3) in ’16.
- Allowed 178 points in last 10 games (7-3) dating back to ‘16; allowed combined 73 points in losses to Raiders (30) and Falcons (43) in Weeks 8-to-9 of ‘16.
- 4-2 vs. NFC South rivals, 6-6 vs. rest of NFL dating back to ‘16.
- Won five straight home games dating back to ’16.
- 9-5 record in last 14 games dating back to ‘16 (opened 1-3 in ’16).
Things To Look For
It is déjà vu all over again as this week as the Giants’ troubled offensive front has another usually-formidable defensive line to deal with. However, defensive ends Robert Ayers and Noah Spence, along with defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, are all listed as questionable. Tampa Bay will be minus linebacker Kwon Alexander and possibly Lavonte David. It’s safe to say that Dirk Kotter’s team is vulnerable. But these New York Giants have to execute to get win No. 1 this season.