A discussion about a possible Jaromir Jagr return and what the New York Rangers should do prior to the expansion draft is included.
Can you actually believe it’s almost been 10 years since Jaromir Jagr suited up for the New York Rangers?
That’s right. The last time Jagr threw on the Broadway Blue was during the 2007-08 season. During that particular year, he suited up for all 82 regular season games and tallied 25 goals and 46 assists. In the playoffs, he added five goals and 10 assists in just 10 games played.
At 36-years of age, we thought his hockey career was winding down.
Well, he’s now 45 and still going strong.
ESNY’s Daniel Federico recently pondered whether Jeff Gorton should look at re-signing the veteran sure-fire Hockey Hall of Fame forward.
Other recent Rangers news circulates around the NHL Expansion Draft and rumors of additions and subtractions during the summer.
Rangers News, Stories:
- Shayna Goldman of Blueshirt Banter discusses possibly bringing Henrik Lundqvist‘s brother, Joel, to the organization.
- Joe Fortunato of BB explains how Jeff Gorton must make his mark this summer.
- ESNY’s Derek Radich asks if Kevin Shattenkirk could cure the defense.
- Mika Zibanejad drops a hot track.
- ESNY’s Tom Castro scouts the future Blueshirt, Cristobal Nieves.