Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, and many more of the New York Mets now have a projected salary arbitration for the season of 2017.
Just because there are only four Major League Baseball teams left at this stage of October, doesn’t mean the news surrounding the New York Mets is any less important. The loser of the 2017 NL Wild Card Game has some interesting personnel decisions to make heading into 2017.
It all starts with offering arbitration.
According to Matt Swartz and MLB Trade Rumors have worked together on projecting each player’s arbitration salary for the 2017 campaign. The Mets, though all who are eligible are young, have some big names in the mix.
- Lucas Duda (5.137) – $6.7MM
- Rene Rivera (5.070) – $2.2MM
- Justin Ruggiano (5.024) – $1.5MM
- Addison Reed (5.001) – $10.6MM
- Matt Harvey (4.072) – $5.2MM
- Jeurys Familia (4.030) – $8.7MM
- Jim Henderson (3.116) – $1.4MM
- Zack Wheeler (3.098) – $1.0MM
- Josh Edgin (3.097) – $800K
- Travis d’Arnaud (3.044) – $1.7MM
- Wilmer Flores (3.003) – $1.9MM
- Jacob deGrom (2.139) – $4.5MM
The one that really jumps off the page is Addison Reed at $10.6MM. While his 2016 season was phenomenal, relief pitchers have been known to blow hot and cold. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle him this Hot Stove season.