— New York Jets (@nyjets) August 3, 2015
New York Jets training camp features an intriguing battle on the outside between cornerback Darrelle Revis and receiver Brandon Marshall.
The competition usually comes down to youngsters looking to make a name for themselves. Hungry kids, looking to hit anything and everything all over the field.
At New York Jets camp, there’s another battle brewing that’s drawing some interest.
With wide receiver Brandon Marshall coming over from Chicago, him lining up with the No. 1 offense against the No. 1 defense draws future Hall of Fame cornerback Darrelle Revis.
In the video above you can clearly see that both guys have gotten the best of one another at times.
On Sunday, Day 4 of Camp, Rich Cimini of ESPN New York provides this breakdown of the play-by-play results with Geno Smith throwing the ball on a fade route in the endzone:
- Revis made an interception at the goal line and would have returned it for a pick-six (shades of his 100-yard return against Marshall in 2011), but he was flagged for defensive holding.
- On a fade into the corner of the end zone, Revis made a one-handed pass break-up.
- Revis dropped a would-be interception on an underthrown fade.
- Marshall used an inside move to beat Revis for a touchdown.
- Marshall and Revis locked up at the goal line (probably should have been a penalty on Revis) and the pass sailed over their heads for an incompletion.
We’ll continue to monitor this clash of the titans.
[su_button url=”https://elitesportsny.com/2015/08/04/jon-niese-goes-new-york-mets-miami/” target=”blank” background=”#000080″ size=”10″ wide=”yes” radius=”0″]NEXT: NIese Goes For Mets In Miami[/su_button]
— New York Jets (@nyjets) August 2, 2015