This is why Mom wouldn't let us play ball in the house pic.twitter.com/fJAWz6hAUF
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) October 20, 2022
Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton is playing the outfield for the first time since July. And after a rough start — he took a bad angle on a first-inning double by Houston’s Jeremy Pena — he is flashing the leather. And breaking things.
Stanton knocked out a panel on the Minute Maid Park manual scoreboard while robbing Yuli Gurriel of a fourth-inning double. The Astros and Yankees are tied at 1 in the fifth inning in Game 1 of the ALCS.
MORE ON ESNY:
• WATCH: Harrison Bader’s bomb gets Yankees on board in ALCS
• Mike Francesa reflects on why ‘Mike and the Mad Dog’ was ‘best show ever’
• NFL owners meeting was a doozy, including reported John Mara-Jerry Jones kerfuffle
• Darius Slayton hilariously shares why Giants can easily ignore 5-1 record
• Yankees’ Aaron Boone laments how Brett Gardner breakup went down
James Kratch can be reached at [email protected]