— John Nolan (@John_G_Nolan) August 5, 2022
John Nolan is a New Jersey native and Syracuse graduate. He’s also the voice of minor-league sports in Fort Wayne, Indiana. And a Mets fan. And about to marry a very cool person.
Nolan calls game for the TinCaps (the Padres’ High-A team) as well as the Mad Ants (the Pacers’ G-League team) and Purdue-Fort Wayne of the Horizon League. And he took to Twitter earlier today with a challenge: If 3,900 people liked his tweet, his soon-to-be partner would allow them to come out at the reception to “Narco” like closer Edwin Diaz.
Mission accomplished. Times three, at least. Hit the trumpets.
OTHER METS STORIES ON ESNY:
• Previewing Mets’ critical five-game series with Braves
• Admire the majesty of Daniel Vogelbach’s grand slam (VIDEO)
• Yankees, Mets thoughts after MLB trade deadline
• Mets GM Billy Eppler draws comparisons to Yankees architect
• Could Mets make offseason move for Justin Verlander?
• Pete Alonso draws comparison to former Yankee star
James Kratch can be reached at [email protected]