The Mets’ post-trade deadline run for a division title begins today.
Major League Baseball’s trade deadline was Friday afternoon, so now big leagues rosters are pretty set for the final two months of the 2021 season. With the exception of minor leaguers joining a big league squad, rosters are what they are for the rest of the year.
Saturday’s game against the Reds begins one of the more important two-month stretches in the last 3-4 years for the Mets. Can they put together a couple consistent months and claim a division crown, or will they continue to be a .500 team and let someone else catch/pass them in the standings?
Cincinnati Reds (55-49) @ New York Mets (54-48)
Saturday, July 31, 2021 — 7:10 PM EDT
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Reds: Wade Miley (8-4, 2.86 ERA)
Mets: Rich Hill (6-4, 3.95 ERA)
Notable Game Props
- Mets Total Runs: Over-4.5 (-110), Under-4.5 (-120)
- Reds Total Runs: Over-4.5 (+105), Under-4.5 (-135)
- Team to Score First and Win: Mets (+180), Reds (+170)
- Team to Score First and Lose: Mets (+625), Reds (+300)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (-1400), No (+625)
- Extra Innings: Yes (+800), No (-1400)
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) July 31, 2021
— New York Mets (@Mets) July 31, 2021