New York Giants Saquon Barkley
(Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

The New York Giants treated the Chicago Bears to the ultimate trap game, topping the NFC North leaders in a thrilling showdown at MetLife.

Geoff Magliocchetti

Odell Beckham scored two touchdowns, including one through the air, and the New York Giants stole a 30-27 overtime victory from the Chicago Bears on Sunday afternoon at MetLife Stadium.

The two teams got off to a slow start offensively, slow enough to the point that the first points of the game came defensively, as Alec Ogletree took a Chase Daniel interception back for a touchdown in the game’s opening minute.

Chicago’s offense began to find a rhythm as the first half went on. Adam Shaheen scored the first points for the Bears, earning a two-yard score from Daniel to tie the game. Late in the half, defensive lineman Akiem Hicks channeled his inner William Perry with a one-yard plunge that gave Chicago the lead.

Despite falling behind, the Giants defense managed to make some more highlights, getting to Daniel on several occasions. Ogletree even had his second interception of the day, the first multi-interception game of his career. Aldrick Rosas would boot a 57-yard triple to lower the deficit to 14-10 at halftime.

The third quarter became the OBJ show, as the Giants utilized their receiver in flashy ways. First, Beckham threw his second touchdown of the year on a trick-play deep ball to Russell Shepard. Things got extra flashy on the Giants’ next drive, as Beckham’s one-yard score from Manning came on fourth and goal. The touchdown was set up by an extraordinary leap from Saquon Barkley, who hurdled a Bears defender to set the Giants up near the goal line.

A strong Giants defensive effort carried on in the second half, as the Bears were only able to earn a Cody Parkey field goal. They had one last opportunity to tie the game, but an Allen Robinson fumble deep in Chicago territory was recovered by Sean Chandler. The Giants failed to advance the ball, but one more Rosas triple created an insurmountable 27-17 lead.

On one final possession, the Bears made it a one-possession score on another Parkey field goal, then put the ultimate scare in the Giants when Beckham failed to recover the ensuing onside kick. Chicago marched 52 yards down the field, tying a game on a Tarik Cohen trick play, finding Anthony Miller for a one-yard score to send the game into overtime.

The Giants, however, would rise to the occasion. In the overtime frame, the team embarked on an eight-play, 49-yard drive that concluded with a 44-yard field goal from Rosas. They would go on to force three fumbles on the Bears’ ensuing drive, but things would finally end when Janoris Jenkins successfully deflected a Daniel pass to wrap things up.

Winners of three of their past four games, the Giants will next take on the Washington Redskins on the road next Sunday (1:00 p.m. ET, Fox).

Follow Geoff Magliocchetti on TWITTER