Following a tough loss, the New York Rangers took the day off to regroup as they get set to face the Los Angeles Kings.
- Los Angeles Kings (20-9-3)
- New York Rangers (16-12-3)
- Television: MSG Networks
- Venue: Madison Square Garden
#NYR didn't have a team practice today, but Mika Zibanejad skated on his own again. No full practice makes it very unlikely he's ready for Friday (and therefore doubtful for Saturday).
— Brett Cyrgalis (@BrettCyrgalis) December 14, 2017
The next step for Mika Zibanejad before getting back into a game is to participate in a full practice. With the Rangers not practicing at all Thursday, it is unlikely that Zibanejad will see game action Dec. 19 when the Anaheim Ducks come into town. In the seven games that Mika has missed the Blueshirts’ have gone 3-3-1 and are just barely staying afloat in the Eastern Conference Standings.
Concussions can be very tricky, and the Rangers are doing the right thing taking their time with Zibanejad.
Road to the NHL Winter Classic Returns
— NHL (@NHL) December 13, 2017
One of the best perks of your team taking part in the Winter Classic is getting to watch the behind the scenes footage on the “Road to the NHL Winter Classic.” Fans get to look into the what goes on during a game inside the locker room for footage that you can get nowhere else. Who else remembers the epic John Tortorella rant in the 2011-2012 season?
You can only get this in shows like this one, and although things have toned down since the Tortorella rant in 2012, it’s still worth the watch.
Even though the first episode aired Wednesday night, there are still three episodes left so you haven’t missed much. Here are the remaining episodes:
- Wednesday, Dec. 20, 11:30 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network
- Wednesday, Dec. 27, 11:30 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network
- Sunday, Jan. 7, 11 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network
For highlights from the first episode, click here.
Other Rangers News
- ESNY’s Brandon Spreckels asks what’s wrong with Ryan McDonagh this season?
- The month of January is a crucial month for the Rangers and ESNY’s Frank Curto explains why.
- Ondrej Pavelec is starting to see more playing time, ESNY’s Tom Castro tells us why we should get used to it.
- Blue Shirt Banter’s Tom Urtz Jr explains that Kevin Hayes has actually been having a good season.