When the New York Rangers play the Flames in Calgary on Saturday night, they’ll unveil a brand new set of forward lines.
- New York Rangers (10-4, 20 pts)
- Calgary Flames (5-9-1, 11 pts)
- NHL, Saturday, Nov. 12, 10 p.m. ET, MSG+
- Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Canada
By the time you flip on MSG Network and glance at your New York Rangers, you would have noticed a bit of a change. Thanks in part to head coach Alain Vigneault noticing something was “a bit off,” the Blueshirts will boast four brand-spanking new forward lines for their Saturday night matchup against the Flames in Calgary.
The new forward lines:
- Chris Kreider – Derek Stepan – Rick Nash
- Pavel Buchnevich – Mika Zibanejad – Mats Zuccarello
- Jimmy Vesey – Kevin Hayes – J.T. Miller
- Jesper Fast – Brandon Pirri – Michael Grabner
Additionally, the defensive pairings will receive a shakeup:
The reason for the defensive shakeup comes down to AV wanting to see how young Skjei will look on the right side, via Matt Calamia of newyorkrangers.com. Holden moves to his more natural left side with Klein moving down.
The Flames enter the game losers of five of their last six. First puck drop comes your way at 10 p.m. ET.
— MSG Networks (@MSGNetworks) November 12, 2016