Every day like a mardi gras, everybody party all day no work all play.
And so here we are. The Mets are 8-2 in their last 10 games, Javier Báez has an OPS+ of 126 since being acquired and the Mets are suddenly… still four games out of first place in the National League East.
But the good news is they’re rolling. And they’re not only playing baseball that’s fun to watch, but they’re putting pressure on the Phillies and Braves to keep playing well. This is all we could ask for in September — a pennant race.
So let’s go get a win again on Wednesday in Miami!
New York Mets (70-69) @ Miami Marlins (57-81)
Wednesday, September 8, 2021 — 6:40 PM EDT
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Mets: Rich Hill (6-6, 3.92 ERA)
Marlins: Sandy Alcantara (8-13, 3.36 ERA)
Notable Game Props
- Mets Total Runs: Over-3.5 (-125), Under-3.5 (-105)
- Marlins Total Runs: Over-3.5 (+100), Under-3.5 (-130)
- Team to Score First and Win: Mets (+130), Marlins (+200)
- Team to Score First and Lose: Mets (+370), Marlins (+600)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (-700), No (+400)
- Extra Innings: Yes (+650), No (-1000)
Mets lineup for Sept. 8 in Miami:
LHP Rich Hill
— Justin Toscano (@JustinCToscano) September 8, 2021
Marlins lineup includes Lewin
2B Chisholm Jr.
CF De La Cruz
1B L. Díaz
3B I. Díaz
— Ethan Budowsky (@ethanbudowsky) September 8, 2021