Make it stop! Please!
The Mets finished a disastrous 13-game stretch against the Giants and Dodgers and fans were hoping a weekend set against the Washington Nationals — the team the Mets swept before going 2-11 against San Fran and LA — would give them a bounce-back opportunity.
Well, El Mago went yard in the fourth inning on Friday night.
And that was the extent of the Mets’ offense.
It’s pretty bad right now, folks. We can’t sugarcoat it much more. But a Saturday night at Citi Field is still an opportunity to get a win. So we’ll see what happens with Marcus Stroman on the bump tonight.
Washington Nationals (55-72) @ New York Mets (61-67)
Saturday, August 28, 2021 — 7:10 PM EDT
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Nationals: Sean Nolin (0-2, 9.00 ERA)
Mets: Marcus Stroman (9-12, 2.85 ERA)
Odds[metabet_core_game_tile query=”mlb/mets” site_id=”elitesportsny”]
Notable Game Props
- Mets Total Runs: Over-4.5 (-130), Under-4.5 (+100)
- Nationals Total Runs: Over-3.5 (+120), Under-3.5 (-150)
- Team to Score First and Win: Mets (+110), Nationals (+300)
- Team to Score First and Lose: Mets (+850), Nationals (+250)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (-800), No (+450)
- Extra Innings: Yes (+800), No (-1400)
— New York Mets (@Mets) August 28, 2021
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 28, 2021