Another night, another tough loss for our Mets.
The Mets now have two wins in their last 12 starts since sweeping the Nationals. We have seen clearly that the class of the National League — the Giants and Dodgers — are too much for the Mets to handle. And chances in the division are slipping away with each passing day.
But if the Orioles can get a win in a game started by Shohei Ohtani, maybe there’s a chance the Mets can finish this series with a win?
After starting on Tuesday, Francisco Lindor waited to come off the bench for a couple plate appearances on Wednesday. And one former Cub made a big impact. Unfortunately, it was Kris Bryant for the Giants.
Cookie Carrasco will try to get the Mets on track on Thursday. He’ll also try to earn his first win as a member of the team.
San Francisco Giants (82-44) @ New York Mets (61-65)
Thursday, August 26, 2021 — 7:10 PM EDT
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Giants: Alex Wood (10-4, 4.11 ERA)
Mets: Carlos Carrasco (0-2, 8.82 ERA)
- Mets Total Runs: Over-3.5 (-135), Under-3.5 (+105)
- Giants Total Runs: Over-4.5 (+105), Under-4.5 (-135)
- Team to Score First and Win: Mets (+225), Giants (+130)
- Team to Score First and Lose: Mets (+525), Giants (+340)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (-1200), No (+575)
- Extra Innings: Yes (+750), No (-1200)
— New York Mets (@Mets) August 26, 2021
Finale in Flushing
— SFGiants (@SFGiants) August 26, 2021