The Mets will look to avoid the sweep and a sixth consecutive loss in San Fransisco Wednesday afternoon.
Lackluster offense reared its ugly head Tuesday night when the Mets faced the Giants in San Francisco. After scoring just two runs (and not scoring any until the top of the eighth inning), New York came up short by a score of 3-2 for its fifth straight loss. The Mets are now 0-5 to commence their 13-game stretch against the Dodgers and Giants.
The series finale will take place Wednesday at 3:45 p.m. ET. Will the Mets avoid the sweep out West?
New York Mets (59-60) @ San Francisco Giants (78-42)
Wednesday, August 18, 2021 — 3:45 PM EDT
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Mets: Tylor Megill (1-2, 3.42 ERA)
Giants: Anthony DeSclafani (11-5, 3.29 ERA)
Notable Game Props
- Mets Total Runs: Over-3.5 (-135), Under-3.5 (+105)
- Giants Total Runs: Over-4.5 (-110), Under-4.5 (-120)
- Team to Score First and Win: Mets (+205), Giants (+150)
- Team to Score First and Lose: Mets (+270), Giants (+675)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (-1400), No (+625)
- Extra Innings: Yes (+800), No (-1400)
Mets lineup vs. Giants’ right-hander Anthony DeSclafani … James McCann (back spasms) out again:
— Deesha (@DeeshaThosar) August 18, 2021
Let’s get it done
— SFGiants (@SFGiants) August 18, 2021