The dangerous Dodgers visit Citi Field for the weekend.
The Mets needed wins and got them at the expense of the Nationals. Pete Alonso’s walk-off in the second game of yesterday’s doubleheader gave the Mets some momentum heading into a huge weekend set.
However, after games got rained out on consecutive days against the Nationals, Thursday’s doubleheader makes the Dodgers coming to town a tougher proposition.
The fact Julio Urías will take the ball for LA in Friday’s game doesn’t help.
Los Angeles Dodgers (69-45) @ New York Mets (57-55)
Friday, August 13, 2021 — 7:10 PM EDT
TV: WPIX, MLBN (out-of-market only)
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Dodgers: Julio Urías (13-3, 3.41 ERA)
Mets: Tylor Megill (1-2, 3.20 ERA)
- Mets Total Runs: Over-3.5 (+100), Under-3.5 (-130)
- Dodgers Total Runs: Over-4.5 (-110), Under-4.5 (-120)
- Team to Score First and Win: Mets (+280), Dodgers (-105)
- Team to Score First and Lose: Mets (+500), Dodgers (+425)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (-1000), No (+500)
- Extra Innings: Yes (+750), No (-1400)
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 13, 2021
#Mets Lineup 08/13/21
1. Brandon Nimmo CF
2. Pete Alonso 1B
3. Brandon Drury 2B
4. J.D. Davis 3B
5. Jonathan Villar SS
6. James McCann C
7. Kevin Pillar LF
8. Albert Almora RF
9. Tylor Megill P
Starting Pitcher : Tylor Megill
— Daily MLB Lineups (@DailyMLBLineup) August 13, 2021