The Mets are now chasing second place in the NL East. Can they stop the slide?
It’s Tuesday and the Mets have a game. If you’re looking for a sliver lining, at least they didn’t lose yesterday (they were off).
The Mets have won only two of their last ten and were weekend victims of a three-game sweep in Philadelphia. What was once a team atop the National League East is now in third place in the division, 2.5 games back.
Can the Mets at least gain some ground during a home series against the Nationals? After Washington sold at the deadline, one would hope the Mets have an advantage but fans know this team isn’t taking advantage of anything right now.
We’ll see if the Mets can get a desperately-needed win on Tuesday night at home.
Washington Nationals (50-62) @ New York Mets (56-55)
Tuesday, August 10, 2021 — 7:10 PM EDT
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Nationals: Paolo Espino (3-3, 3.66 ERA)
Mets: Carlos Carrasco (0-0, 3.24 ERA)
- Mets Total Runs: Over-4.5 (-130), Under-4.5 (+100)
- Nationals Total Runs: Over-3.5 (+115), Under-3.5 (-145)
- Team to Score First and Win: Mets (+105), Nationals (+310)
- Team to Score First and Lose: Mets (+750), Nationals (+255)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (-1000), No (+525)
- Extra Innings: Yes (+800), No (-1400)
Juan Soto’s in the lineup.
His career numbers in 21 games at Citi Field:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 10, 2021
— New York Mets (@Mets) August 10, 2021