Cookie Carrasco takes the ball in his second start for the Mets.
So, not the start to August the Mets — or their fans — were hoping for after the team made a bold move at the trade deadline.
Since the calendar month began, the Mets are now 0-3 and have been out-scored 18-8 by the Reds (one game) and Marlins (two games). There were concerns about the offense, but the pitching staff has left a lot to be desired in the last week or so.
The Mets will look to get back on the winning side of the ledger on Wednesday with Cookie Carrasco on the mound in Miami. Can he be a stopper for the Mets? They need one.
New York Mets (55-51) @ Miami Marlins (46-61)
Wednesday, August 4, 2021 — 7:10 PM EDT
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Marlins: Zach Thompson (2-4, 2.33 ERA)
Mets: Carlos Carrasco (0-0, 2.25 ERA)
Odds[metabet_core_game_tile query=”mlb/mets” site_id=”elitesportsny”]
- Mets Total Runs: Over-4.5 (+110), Under-4.5 (-140)
- Marlins Total Runs: Over-2.5 (-150), Under-2.5 (+120)
- Team to Score First and Win: Mets (+100), Marlins (+275)
- Team to Score First and Lose: Mets (+450), Marlins (+500)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (-750), No (+425)
- Extra Innings: Yes (+700), No (-1200)
— Miami Marlins (@Marlins) August 4, 2021
Mets Game 107 of 162, @ MIA
Wednesday, Aug. 4, 7:10 p.m.
RHP Zach Thompson (2-4, 2.33)
D. Smith LF
Carrasco RHP (0-0, 2.25)
— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) August 4, 2021