The Mets need Taijuan Walker to get on track against the Marlins.
As the Mets look to navigate the National League East after the trade deadline, one of the key members of the pitching staff is Taijuan Walker. He has struggled since representing the Mets in the All-Star Game, but with Jacob deGrom on the shelf for a while he needs to find the form that earned him the trip to Denver.
The offense is also searching for its consistency. The injection of a new bat in the middle of the lineup has changed the dynamic on a daily basis, and when they get Francisco Lindor back they’ll be ready to roll. But they need to hang onto the division lead until Lindor and deGrom get back.
New York Mets (55-50) @ Miami Marlins (45-61)
Tuesday, August 3, 2021 — 7:10 PM EDT
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Mets: Taijuan Walker (7-5, 3.71 ERA)
Marlins: Nick Neidert (0-1, 3.96 ERA)
Odds[metabet_core_game_tile query=”mlb/mets” site_id=”elitesportsny”]
Notable Game Props
- Mets Total Runs: Over-4.5 (-135), Under-4.5 (+105)
- Marlins Total Runs: Over-3.5 (+100), Under-3.5 (-130)
- Team to Score First and Win: Mets (-125), Marlins (+360)
- Team to Score First and Lose: Mets (+450), Marlins (+475)
- Both Teams to Score: Yes (-1100), No (+550)
- Extra Innings: Yes (+750), No (-1400)
Mets Game 106 of 162, @ MIA
Tuesday, Aug. 3, 7:10 p.m.
D. Smith LF
J.D. Davis 3B
Walker RHP (7-5, 3.71)
— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) August 3, 2021
RF De La Cruz
— Ethan Budowsky (@ethanbudowsky) August 3, 2021