The Mets will look to win their four-game series over the Cubs Wednesday night after emerging victorious in the first two matchups.
There’s no exaggerating here — the Mets are red hot.
New York has won five of its last six games and took the first two matchups of its current four-game set with the Cubs. The Mets were fueled by Taijuan Walker (12 strikeouts) and Pete Alonso (three RBIs) during Tuesday’s 3-2 victory at Citi Field.
The Amazins now possess an opportunity to win the four-game series over Chicago Wednesday night. And guess who’s coming to the mound…none other than the man himself: Jacob deGrom.
Chicago Cubs (38-29) @ New York Mets (34-25)
Wednesday, June 16, 2021 – 7:10 PM EDT
Radio: WCBS 880, WQBU 92.7
Cubs: Robert Stock (2021 debut in major leagues)
Mets: Jacob deGrom (6-2, 0.56 ERA)
Notable Game Props
- Mets Total Runs: Over-3.5 (-143), Under-3.5 (+123)
- Cubs Total Runs: Over-2.5 (+135), Under-2.5 (-157)
- Mets to Score First and Win: Yes (-130), No (+105)
- Cubs to Score First and Win: Yes (+400), No (-590)
- First Team to Score: Mets (-182), Cubs (+150)
Here is tonight's Cubs starting lineup against Jacob deGrom and the Mets. pic.twitter.com/pAx2urjrGR
— Cubs Talk (@NBCSCubs) June 16, 2021
— New York Mets (@Mets) June 16, 2021