There’s only one choice for the greatest comeback in New York Jets history. Plus plenty of free agent options at running back for gang green.
The New York Jets are the epitome of the underdog in the NFL and its’ history. You don’t have to look much further than the Jets beating the Baltimore Colts back in Super Bowl 3 in what many consider the sole reason the NFL exists today.
But Broadway Joe’s guarantee wasn’t the No. 1 comeback in Jets history. It was Jumbo Elliott with the Jets coming back from a 30-7 deficit in the fourth quarter.
The Monday Night Miracle will forever go down in Jets lore.
1⃣ (because of course) pic.twitter.com/fqCOlaYB4Q
— New York Jets (@nyjets) February 23, 2018
A lovely trip down memory lane as we progress through this 2018 offseason. Speaking of, according to a team source it’s a matter of “when” not “if” Matt Forte is released.
Which means the Jets are going to have a significant void in the backfield that they’ll need to fill. Here are some realistic options for the Jets to target in free agency at the position:
- Carlos Hyde, San Francisco 49ers
- Hyde could be the perfect blend of speed and power. He’s a forgotten man in the bay area and could receive the proper tender, love, and care here with the Jets.
- Dion Lewis, New England Patriots
- Versatility is the name of his game. The Jets could have a multi-dimensional backfield with three players who can run and catch out the backfield.
- LeGarrette Blount, Philadelphia Eagles
- Blount is one of only six players ever to win back-to-back Super Bowls with different teams. Perhaps the third time can be another charm signing with the Jets and thus winning their second world championship. But in all seriousness, the Jets could use a grounder who is an absolute beast, and you can give 15-20 times a game right between the tackles.
These would all be reasonable contracts, but also capable players who could fill the gap for the green and white.