The New York Jets look to snap a three-game losing streak when they host the Buffalo Bills on Thursday night.
Buffalo Bills (5-2) at New York Jets (3-5)
CHECK OUT the New York Jets Team Center: News, Stats, Standings
- Bills are in a position to sweep the series for the third time in four seasons dating back to 2014.
- Bills won the Week 1 matchup, 21-12, in Orchard Park.
- Bills have won six of last eight meetings between the teams, dating back to their second meeting in 2013.
Bills By The Numbers
- Defeated Raiders, 34-14, in Week 8.
- QB Tyrod Taylor: 45 TD passes, 17 turnovers (14 INT, 3 lost fumbles), 11 rush TD in 36 games with Bills from 2015-17.
- 19-36 vs. AFC East teams dating back to ’08 (1-0 in ’17).
- Scored 30-plus points in 13-of-39 games dating back to ’15 (scored 30-plus points in 2-of-16 games in ’14).
- Allowed 175 points in 12 wins, allowed 302 points in 11 losses dating back to ’16.
Jets By The Numbers
- Lost to Falcons, 25-20, in Week 8.
- Lost three straight games, following three-game winning streak (opened 0-2 in ’17).
- Scored fewer than 20 points in 45-of-88 games dating back to ’12.
- Lost three straight games after owning seven-plus-point leads in Week 6 (14-0 vs. Patriots in the second quarter), Week 7 (28-14 vs. Dolphins in third quarter) and Week 8 (17-10 vs. Falcons in the second quarter)
- Allowed 40 points in 3 wins, 146 points in 5 losses in ’17.
- Outscored 76-23 in the fourth quarter and OT in 8 games in ’17.
Things To Look For
In this season’s first meeting, Buffalo’s rushing attack rolled up 190 yards on the ground in their nine-point win. And they will face a feisty New York team that, despite their three-game losing streak, were more than competitive against the Patriots, Dolphins and Falcons. It will be interesting to see if the Bills’ pass rush can break loose on Thursday night. In any case, don’t be shocked if a defensive score decides this AFC East affair.