The New York Rangers will attempt to end their three-game losing streak tonight at MSG against Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- New York Rangers (1-5, 2 PTS, eighth place Metropolitan Division)
- Pittsburgh Penguins (3-2-1, 7 PTS, tied for third in Metro)
- Television: MSG Network; Radio: WOR 710 AM
- Venue: Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) October 17, 2017
Rangers Projected Lineup
- Rick Nash–Mika Zibanejad–Mats Zuccarello
- Chris Kreider– David Desharnais–J.T. Miller
- Jimmy Vesey–Kevin Hayes–Jesper Fast
- Michael Grabner-Adam Cracknell–Pavel Buchnevich
The Rangers are coming off a 3-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night. The team has only scored two five-on-five goals this season and have found the back of the net just once on the power play over the last three games.
Henrik Lundqvist is back in goal for the Rangers after serving as the backup on Saturday. He’s 1-3 with a 2.82 GAA, .914 SV% and one shutout this season.
The Pittsburgh Penguins, meanwhile, are coming off a 4-3 win over the Florida Panthers on Saturday night. Sidney Crosby had two goals while goaltender Matt Murray made 43 saves in the victory.
Tonight’s game will be the first of four matches against the Pittsburgh Penguins this season. The remaining games will take place on Dec. 5 in Pittsburgh, Jan. 14 in Pittsburgh and Mar. 14 back at MSG.