The New York Mets and Queens Borough President Melinda Katz are ready to hold a very special Hurricane Relief Drive at Citi Field.
If you’re a fan of the New York Mets, it’s been a long unlucky season. I mean who else has ever suffered the injuries these 2017 Metropolitans have?
That doesn’t mean the world stops. In fact, the proud organization of the Mets is making sure of it.
Starting Tuesday, Sept. 19 and lasting through the 21st, the Mets and Queens Borough President Melinda Katz are teaming up to hold a very special Hurricane Relief Drive at Citi Field.
Take part in our Hurricane Relief Drive, September 19-21 at @CitiField.
— New York Mets (@Mets) September 16, 2017
The event will go towards all recovery efforts in Houston and Florida.
Via Harold Kaufman:
The Mets will be accepting donations at Citi Field next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (September 19-21) from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in front of the Jackie Robinson Rotunda.
Fans driving to the ballpark can enter via the Official Lot G on 126th street and proceed straight to the fire lane in front of the Rotunda. Mets staff will be on hand to unload items from vehicles.
Donations will be delivered to the Houston Food Bank, which provides 800,000 meals a year in southeast Texas, and Mustard Seed, a community outreach organization serving Fort Pierce, Florida.
The following items are in need by both communities and will be accepted at the drive:
- Canned ready-to-eat items with pull tops: vegetables, fruit
- Protein in pouches or pull-top cans: tuna, beef stew, chili, canned chicken
- Peanut butter
- Snacks: granola bars, breakfast bars, etc.
- Toiletries: including soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, washcloths, feminine products, combs, picks, brushes
- Paper goods: toilet paper, paper towels, napkins
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Cleaning supplies: mops, mop buckets, brooms, bleach wipes, bleach, garbage bags, bug spray (only new items will be accepted)
So pack up what you can and head to Flushing next week. The season isn’t quite over yet.