Collette Smith and Josh McCown‘s rave reviews on Christian Hackenberg included in this edition of New York Jets Gang Green News.
The following statement is made with absolutely zero intent of causing harm to Collette Smith …
Woody Johnson and the New York Jets just came up with the organization’s next publicity stunt.
I can picture it right now. Woody, sitting at one of the world’s finest oak desks surrounded by his henchmen, held his right pointer up to his lips while pondering how his team could make a splash, make a quick headline.
“He got it,” Woody excitedly screamed. “We’ll copy the trend around the National Football League and hire our first female coach.”
Unlike other examples, Collette Smith (who, by all accounts is an avid fan and wonderful woman), will just be an “intern” who works with the defensive backs during training camp. The news came down on a slow Friday, relayed by our own Alex Jordan.
In other news, the new veteran QB continues to rave about the young Penn State product, Christian Hackenberg. According to Rich Cimini of ESPN New York, Josh McCown had this to say about Hack:
“He’s how you draw a quarterback up,” McCown said. “Big, strong arm, athletic. He fits that mold, for sure. And his mindset, it’s right on. He works very hard. I think he’s a sharp kid. He’s got a lot in front of him. He’s got a great opportunity.”
Jets Stories, News:
- After getting so blatantly called out by Sheldon Richardson, Brandon Marshall believes he’ll have no issues with the New York Giants, via Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
- Scott Mason of turnonthejets.com speaks about how Calvin Pryor‘s absence from OTAs speaks volumes.
- Morris Claiborne reveals the one thing the Jets had and why he signed with New York, via 247Sports.com.
- Former Jet Damon Harrison has advice for Sheldon.
- ESNY’s Paul Esden asks if Josh McCown is an upgrade over Ryan Fitzpatrick.