The day prior Harvey Day becoming a thing again, the New York Mets learned that closer Jeurys Familia has a blood cot in his shoulder.
- New York Mets (16-17)
- Milwaukee Brewers (18-17)
- NL, Friday, May, 12, 8:10 p.m. ET, SNY
- Miller Park, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Remember when “Harvey Day” was a big thing? That’s right, every time Matt Harvey was scheduled to pitch for the New York Mets was a landmark celebration for the organization who had very little to look forward to.
Now, in 2017, there is no such formal day.
Noah Syndergaard assumed ace status while Harvey is either a no-show or sobbing over his girl taking snapshots with Julian Edelman. Thanks to these unique circumstances, Friday actually brings us a small showcase of “Harvey Day.”
Intelligently, the Mets scheduled to pitch Harvey on Friday, on the road in Milwaukee against the Brewers so he didn’t have to feel the wrath of the Flushing crowd during his first time back.
In other news, the injury bug just keeps on spreading as closer Jeurys Familia is now sidelined for an indefinite period of time. After blowing the save against the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday at Citi Field — and outing that saw him relent four runs in the top of the ninth — it was revealed that Familia was suffering from an arterial blood cot in his right shoulder.
He’ll fly down to St. Louis and see Dr. Robert Thompson for evaluation and possible surgery plans.
Mets have discussed promoting Tim Tebow within the minors, but will likely wait until midseason. He's hitting .327 over his last 16 games.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) May 12, 2017
Mets Stories, News:
- ESNY’s Ty Butler explains why Matt Harvey, the Dark Knight, now needs somebody to rescue him.
- ESNY’s Nicholas Santuccio writes about how these Mets are actually overachieving.
- The organization is mulling whether or not to promote prospect Tim Tebow, according to Mike Puma of the New York Post.
- LHP Adam Wilk has been claimed by the Minnesota Twins.
- Brian Lewis of the New York Post writes how Mikey C. has rejuvenated the Mets offense.
[graphiq id=”5sT4GTVEg3X” title=”New York Mets Most Recent Game Recap” width=”600″ height=”628″ url=”https://sw.graphiq.com/w/5sT4GTVEg3X” frozen=”true”]