On this edition of New York Jets Green Daily, we plead with Mike Maccagnan to stay away from the knuckleheads during the 2017 NFL Draft.
Yesterday morning, ESNY’s New York Jets guys, Paul Esden Jr. and Rob Sabo, revealed the site’s final mock draft for Gang Green. It’s clear what each’s wishlist is for rounds one or two, but it’s also clear neither fully trust general manager Mike Maccagnan to make the right choice.
The one thing Sabo wants the Jets to avoid is troubled Oklahoma University running back Joe Mixon.
— Elite Sports NY (@EliteSportsNY) April 26, 2017
Part of building a winning culture means bringing in the right people, the right personalities. Talent, alone, is never the end all be all for NFL organizations.
Whether it’s Sheldon Richardson or Muhammad Wilkerson, Mixon’s questionable past is the only evidence needed for Mikey Mac to take him off his boards completely. Although Manish Mehta of the New York Daily news hinted that Mixon’s been taking off the board completely, I, for one, will still hold my breath until the second round is over and done with.
CHECK OUT Sports War Radio: The Jets Zone Podcast
Speaking of that official ESNY Jets mock, both Esden and Sabo want the Jets to trade down. If they can’t, Esden has New York all over O.J. Howard while Sabo wants to see LSU safety Jamal Adams become that guy.
Other Jets Columns, News:
- Eric Allen of newyorkjets.com lists the five players the Jets waived this week.
- CBS New York lists the six biggest draft busts through the years.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN New York explains why the Jets must resist temptation and not draft a QB.
- B/R’s Matt Miller has the Jets trading on day one of the draft.
- According to Lisa Eustachewich of the New York Post reports that the son of a recently slain EMT will announce the Jets Day 3 selections in Philly.