— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) April 25, 2016
A look at some of the key stats from a hard-fought six games between the New York Islanders and Florida Panthers.
- 23 — Years since the Isles last won a playoff series prior do doing so this postseason.
- 1 — Player in team history to score the game-tying goal in the final minute of regulation and the game-winner in overtime. His name is John Tavares.
- 27 — Years since the Isles last won a Game 5, before they did so in the Sunshine State this week.
- 0 — Prior playoff victories for Isles netminder Thomas Greiss, before he won four in round one.
- 1991 — The last time a team (Edmonton Oilers) won back-to-back playoff games in overtime, before the Isles did so in Games 5 and 6.
- 15,795 — A full-capacity crowd arrived at Barclays Center for Game 6 after the Panthers had trouble selling out in Game 1.
- 14-2 — Isles’ record at home in Game 6’s, with the only losses coming to the Montreal Canadiens in 1977 and Pittsburgh Penguins in 2013.
- 2 — Points, all assists, for Jaromir Jagr, who has now been held without a postseason goal for 37 consecutive games.
- 5 — Goals for the captain, Tavares, which ranks first among all playoff performers.
- 1.79 — Save percentage for Greiss this series.
- .702 — Playoff overtime winning percentage for the Islanders, which ranks first among all teams in league history.
- 8 — Consecutive playoff overtime losses for the Rink Rats, after they started off 2-0.
- 4 — Game 6 was the fourth longest game in franchise history. The Isles have come out on top in all four of their longest.
- And finally…
- 4 — Number of wins down for the Isles in their playoff quest.
- 16 — Number of wins needed to hoist Lord Stanley’s Cup.
On to the next round.