The New York Jets 2019 NFL schedule has officially been released. Adam Gase’s first season will feature three primetime games.
The NFL schedule process can only be labeled as confusing. Why? Why dish out the schedules to the 32 organizations prior to the big-TV event unveiling the official slates? It’s not like the teams need to prepare for travel arrangements in the coming weeks.
The process ultimately leads to leaks galore, making the made-for-TV event subpar. But, hey, once the schedule is officially released, it’s game time.
The New York Jets 2019 NFL schedule has officially arrived.
— #TakeFlight (@nyjets) April 18, 2019
- Week 1 — vs. Buffalo Bills, Sunday, Sept. 8, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 2 — vs. Cleveland Browns, Monday, Sept. 16, 8:15 p.m., ESPN
- Week 3 — at New England Patriots, Sunday, Sept. 22, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 4 — Bye week, Sunday, Sept. 29
- Week 5 — at Philadelphia Eagles, Sunday, Oct. 6, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 6 — vs. Dallas Cowboys, Sunday, Oct. 13, 4:25 p.m., CBS
- Week 7 — vs. New England Patriots, Monday, Oct. 21, 8:15 p.m., ESPN
- Week 8 — at Jacksonville Jaguars, Sunday, Oct. 27, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 9 — at Miami Dolphins, Sunday, Nov. 3, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 10 — vs. New York Giants, Sunday, Nov. 10, 1 p.m., FOX
- Week 11 — at Washington Redskins, Sunday, Nov. 17, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 12 — vs. Oakland Raiders, Sunday, Nov. 24, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 13 — at Cincinnati Bengals, Sunday, Dec. 1, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 14 — vs. Miami Dolphins, Sunday, Dec. 8, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 15 — at Baltimore Ravens, Thursday, Dec. 12, 8:20 p.m., FOX/NFLN/Amazon
- Week 16 — vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, Dec. 22, 1 p.m., CBS
- Week 17 — at Buffalo Bills, Sunday, Dec. 29, 1 p.m., CBS
The bye week hits after the third game; it’s not a situation any NFL team wants. The Jets find themselves fall into the unlucky bye week category in 2019.
The three primetime games are the Cleveland Browns at home Week 2 on Monday Night Football, the New England Patriots at home Week 7 on Monday night, and the Baltimore Ravens on Thursday Night Football during Week 15.
The natural state of football forces every game to mean the world, but, as constructed, Week 1 is huge for the Jets. With a seemingly improved Browns team in Week 2 and the defending champs the week after, the season-opener at home against the Buffalo Bills is a biggie.
The Jets will take on the big-brother New York Giants in Week 10 on Sunday afternoon.