#21. Mississippi State (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs. Stephen F. Austin 63-6
- Top Performer: QB Keytaon Thompson (13-31, 364 yards, 10 carries, 109 yards, 7 total TDs)
- This Week: Saturday @ Kansas State (12:00 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Sure his heroics came against the FCS Lumberjacks and a solid test awaits him on Saturday in Manhattan, but have the Bulldogs found another dual-threat quarterback in the sophomore Thompson?
#22. South Carolina (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs. Coastal Carolina 49-15
- Top Performer: RB Rico Dowdle (15 carries, 105 yards, 1 reception, 22 yards, 2 Total TDs)
- This Week: Saturday vs. #3 Georgia (3:30 p.m. ET, CBS)
A huge opportunity awaits the Gamecocks this weekend at home, as they’ve beaten a nationally recognized Bulldogs team before, 2014’s meeting against the then-sixth-ranked opponent ending in a 38-35 thriller.
#23. Florida (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs Charleston Southern 53-6
- Top Performer: QB Feleipe Franks (16-24, 219 yards, 5 TDs, 5 carries, 34 yards)
- This Week: Saturday vs. Kentucky (7:30 p.m. ET, SEC Network)
A win over the FCS Buccaneers may not be much to write home about, even limiting them to 225 yards and forcing three turnovers, but for the struggling Gators, it’s the first step on their road to redemption.
#24. Oklahoma State (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs. Missouri State 58-17
- Top Performer: QB Taylor Cornelius (25-35, 300 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT)
- This Week: Saturday vs. South Alabama (8:00 p.m. ET)
The losses of Mason Rudolph and James Washington are a little easier to bear against FCS competition, and the Cowboys took full advantage, posting 732 yards, 232 alone coming on the ground from Justice Hill (122 yards) and LD Brown (110).
#25. Texas A&M (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs Northwestern State 59-7
- Top Performer: RB Trayveon Williams (20 carries, 240 yards, 3 TD’s)
- This Week: Saturday vs. #2 Clemson (7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN)
With 40 first downs and 758 total yards from their tune-up game under their belt, the Aggies face their first big test of the Jimbo Fisher era against the Tigers, though a raucous home crowd will be there to support them.
- Also Received Votes: Miami (FL), Michigan, Boston College, Hawaii, Kansas State
- Highest Rise: LSU (+8)
- Biggest Fall: Miami (FL) (-16)
- New This Week: #18 Oregon, #19 USC, #23 Florida, #25 Texas A&M
- Dropped Out: #10 Miami (FL), #13 Michigan, #15 Florida State, #19 Texas