#16. UCF (1-0)
- Last Week: W @ Connecticut 56-17
- Top Performer: QB McKenzie Milton (24-32, 346 yards, 5 TDs, 7 carries, 50 yards)
- This Week: Saturday vs. South Carolina State (6:00 p.m. ET, ESPN3)
With plenty of mid-major attention dedicated to programs out on the west, Central Florida showed it was still a force to be reckoned with, torching UConn for 652 total yards, though the Shaquem Griffin-less defense has things to work on after allowing 486.
#17. Boise State (1-0)
- Last Week: W 56-20 @ Troy
- Top Performer: WR Sean Modster (7 receptions, 168 yards, 2 TDs)
- This Week: Saturday vs. Connecticut (10:15 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
The traditional mid-major favorites, the Broncos can be especially dangerous with senior QB Brett Rypien playing his best football, the senior throwing for 305 yards and four touchdowns on Saturday night.
#18. Oregon (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs. Bowling Green 58-24
- Top Performer: S Ugochukwu Amadi (5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT)
- This Week: Saturday vs. Portland State (2:00 p.m. ET, PAC-12 Networks)
Time will only tell if the Ducks and the offense we’ve come to know and love from them are truly back, but putting up 524 yards in their debut against one of the better teams in the MAC is a good way to kick things off.
#19. USC (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs. UNLV 43-21
- Top Performer: QB JT Daniels (22-35, 282 yards, 1 TD)
- This Week: Saturday @ #10 Stanford (8:30 p.m. ET, FOX)
The first huge test of life after Sam Darnold comes in the annual matchup with the Cardinal, with early season meetings often setting the course for each’s respective season, such as last year’s Trojan sweep that concluded in the PAC-12 Championship Game.
#20. West Virginia (1-0)
- Last Week: W @ Tennessee 40-14
- Top Performer: QB Will Grier (25-34, 429 yards, 5 TDs)
- This Week: Saturday vs. Youngstown State (6:00 p.m. ET)
Grier made his Heisman case on the road, helping two receivers, David Sills (7 receptions, 140 yards, 2 touchdowns) and Gary Jennings Jr. (6 receptions, 113 yards, 1 touchdown) to 100-yard days, but they suffered a blow in losing sophomore sam linebacker Charlie Benton for the season with a knee injury.