#6. Ohio State (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs. Oregon State 77-31
- Top Performer: QB Dwayne Haskins (22-30, 313 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT)
- This Week: Saturday vs. Rutgers (3:30 p.m. ET, BTN)
No Urban Meyer, no problem for the Buckeyes, who will look to continue their dominance over the Scarlet Knights, whom they’ve outscored 219-24 over four Big Ten meetings since the latter’s arrival in 2014.
#7. Notre Dame (1-0)
- Last Week: W 24-17 vs. Michigan
- Top Performer: LB Te’von Coney (10 tackles, 0.5 TFL, 1 fumble recovery)
- This Week: Saturday vs. Ball State (3:30 p.m. ET, NBC)
The Fighting Irish dealt another blow to the Jim Harbaugh mystique, a strong defensive effort that limited Michigan to under two yards per rushing attempt and forced two turnovers.
#8. Oklahoma (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs. Florida Atlantic 63-14
- Top Performer: RB Rodney Anderson (5 carries, 100 yards, 2 TDs)
- This Week: Saturday vs. UCLA (1:00 p.m. ET, FOX)
A matchup with Lane Kiffin’s Owls, regarded by some as a potential mid-major sleeper, could’ve served as a trap game for the Sooners, but a Kiffin-esque offensive effort, picking up 650 yards and a 56-0 lead to eliminate any doubt.
#9. LSU (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs. Miami (FL) 33-17 (@ Arlington, TX)
- Top Performer: RB Nick Brossette (22 carries, 125 yards, 2 TDs)
- This Week: Saturday vs. Southeastern Louisiana (7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2)
Justin Weiss ranked the Tigers third in his preseason poll, and the Bayou Bengals rewarded his faith with a domination of the Hurricanes on neutral ground that was never truly close.
#10. Stanford (1-0)
- Last Week: W vs. San Diego State 31-10
- Top Performer: WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside (6 receptions, 226 yards, 3 TDs)
- This Week: Saturday vs. #10 USC (8:30 p.m. ET, FOX)
Bryce Love badly struggled against the Aztecs (18 carries, 29 yards), and he may be needed against the mighty Trojans, but the Cardinal were able to get by perhaps their finest passing performance since the Andrew Luck era, KJ Costello throwing for 332 yards and four touchdowns.