Merry Christmas New York Jets fans. While the team may be 5-10, there’s plenty to be thankful for during this holiday season, even after a tough loss via the Los Angeles Chargers.
First off, Merry Christmas New York Jets fans. Hopefully, you’re enjoying time with your loved ones on this blessed holiday.
If somehow you found your way to your mobile device or desktop, let’s keep the festive mood going here. The Jets appear on course for their second straight 5-11 season, that would be only the second time in history they’ve finished with that record. Just a weird fun fact.
— New York Jets (@nyjets) December 24, 2017
Lets review #LACvsNYJ:
- The Jets defense held this explosive offense to under 400 yards of offense and more importantly a measly 14 points.
- Unfortunately for the green and white, they couldn’t muster much offense. The lone bright spot for this team was Bilal Powell who accounted for 145 yards of offense (49 percent of the Jets total yards).
- But the Jets recorded a big zero in the sacks category. But it wasn’t only in this game, the Jets have struggled, they rank in the bottom five in sacks as a team in 2017.
Despite that fun fact, expect Muhammad Wilkerson to sit out the final game of the season against the New England Patriots. Wilkerson has missed the last two games due to coaches decision. The decision though isn’t purely for on the field reasons.
Wilkerson has missed several meetings over the last three years and the Jets reportedly have had enough. Also if the Jets played Wilkerson there’s a chance that Mo could get injured and the Jets would be on the hook for his 2018 salary ($16.7 million).
It’ll be a cold day in hell before Wilkerson ever sees that money. While head coach Todd Bowles gave the political answer in the postgame presser that the Jets will see what healthy bodies he has on the roster for next week, it’s safe to say Wilkerson won’t be suiting up.
A few final nuggets to chew on:
- Bryce Petty is expected to start next week against the New England Patriots.
- Leonard Williams left the game with a back injury, he will undergo further tests.
- The Jets have lost 8 out of their last 10 games and have only scored 28 points in the past three games combined.