You better believe it: the National Football League is right around the corner which means New York Giants training camp is as well.
If it snuck up on you, fear not. It’d be silly to fear anything at this time of year, late July.
Well, it’s simple. Football is almost back.
That’s right, America’s Game. Granted, baseball will always be the National Pastime and New York will always be a baseball town, but this is the National Football League we’re talking about — the most powerful and popular sports entity in today’s hectic world.
As it pertains to the New York Giants, training camp is so close you can already smell the freshly-cut grass on those blistering hot August days from your living room.
Here’s a quick Football Giants training camp run down:
- At Quest Diagnostics Center, East Rutherford, NJ
- Opens Thursday, Jul. 27
- Closes Aug. 15
- Parking is free, located at Lot K at MetLife Stadium
- Practice Open to Public:
- Jul. 28-30
- Aug. 1-4
- Aug. 8-9
- Aug. 13-14
- Key Dates:
- Friday, 11:40 a.m. ET: First open practice
- Friday, Aug. 11, 7 p.m. ET: Preseason Game 1 vs. Steelers
- Monday, Aug. 14, 10:55 a.m. ET: Final practice open to public
- Tuesday, Aug. 15: Break camp
— New York Giants (@Giants) June 23, 2017
Other Giants News, Stories:
- ESNY’s Jason Leach ponders whether or not Geno Smith will actually beat out Josh Johnson for the backup QB role.
- Paul Schwartz of the New York Post suggests that the big question of camp needs to lose its training wheels.
- Schwartz of the Post also had the Jason Pierre-Paul quote relating to the team’s real chance of going undefeated.
— Damon Harrison Sr. (@snacks) July 22, 2017
These teams were the most likely to bring a corner blitz last year pic.twitter.com/kOrQca9iog
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) July 21, 2017