August 1 is finally upon us, meaning there are still multiple moves in store prior to 4 pm ET.
With a non-waiver trade deadline comes days and months of endless speculation. Today, all of that speculation turns into concrete reality.
Even with a handful of substantial moves having already been executed, a surplus of imperative moves awaits the baseball landscape.
The past week in itself saw numerous deals which had immense effects on respective franchises:
- Aroldis Chapman (NYY) to Cubs
- Melvin Upton Jr. (SD) to Blue Jays
- Eduardo Nunez (MIN) to Giants
- Andrew Cashner (SD) to Marlins
- Mark Melancon (PIT) to Nationals
- Matt Kemp (SD) to Braves
- Andrew Miller (NYY) to Indians
- Zach Duke (CHI) to Cardinals
- Wade Miley (SEA) to Orioles
Evident through the list, certain moves have been of the surprising nature. Yet, numerous forthcoming astounding moves are inevitable.
So, with that said, let’s take a look at the five moves you should expect to go down before the window expires.