- New England Patriots (10-6)
- New York Jets (9-7)
- Buffalo Bills (7-9)
- Miami Dolphins (7-9)
If the Jets want to get to nine wins they’ll only have to go 3-3 in their division. The reason is strictly due to the weak out of division schedule they’re staring at. The Raiders, Jags, Titans, Redskins? This schedule is nothing scary.
Strength of schedule and the idea that the defense will be dominant is why I have Gang Green making the playoffs as a Wild Card.
It’s impossible to pick anybody other than the New England Patriots to win the division. Until it’s witnessed, it’s a stupid move to pick it. However, that doesn’t mean the loss of Revis, especially, won’t really hurt their chances and force them from a 12 or 13 win team down to 10 wins.
Right now everybody has the Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills edging the Jets by a bit in the division. Be careful there. This Jets defense is every bit, if not better, than those defenses.
I see the Jets possibly sneaking out a Wild Card win on the road in the first round or losing a tough one. The absolute best they can do in 2015 is getting to the Divisional Round.
Competition for a Wild Card spot will come from the Houston Texans, the loser in the West between the Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos, and perhaps the Pittsburgh Steelers (although I don’t think they’ll have enough talent in the secondary this season).
Should they make the playoffs, it’ll be a huge positive for the franchise heading into an offseason where they’ll look to Maccagnan to snag himself a franchise quarterback.
- vs Cleveland Browns – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Sep. 13 (WIN)
- @ Indianapolis Colts – 8:30 PM ET, Monday, Sep. 21 (LOSS)
- vs Philadelphia Eagles – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Sep. 27 (LOSS)
- @ Miami Dolphins – 9:30 PM ET, Sunday, Oct. 4 (WIN)
- vs Washington Redskins – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Oct. 18 (WIN)
- @ New England Patriots – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Oct. 25 (LOSS)
- @ Oakland Raiders – 4:05 PM ET, Sunday, Nov. 1 (WIN)
- vs Jacksonville Jaguars – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Nov. 8 (WIN)
- vs Buffalo Bills – 8:25 PM ET, Thursday, Nov. 12 (WIN)
- @ Houston Texans – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Nov. 22 (LOSS)
- vs Miami Dolphins – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Nov. 29 (LOSS)
- @ New York Giants – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Dec. 6 (WIN)
- vs Tennessee Titans – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Dec. 13 (WIN)
- @ Dallas Cowboys – 8:25 PM ET, Saturday, Dec. 19 (LOSS)
- vs New England Patriots – 1 PM ET, Sunday Dec. 28 (LOSS)
- @ Buffalo Bills – 1 PM ET, Sunday, Dec. 3 (WIN)