1. Tampa Bay Bucs – Jameis Winston, QB-Florida State
No surprise here. Sure, will the Glazer family be wondering about the off field issues surrounding Jameis Winston? Of course. But they’ll take him nonetheless.
2. Tennessee Titans – Leonard Williams, DE-Southern Cal
The hot-spot of the NFL Draft is the No. 2 selection. While the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles will be looking to move up for Marcus Mariota, the price will be too rich. Ken Whisenhunt will go with the sure thing of Leonard Williams, as he’s already made his choice in strong-armed Zach Mettenberger.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Dante Fowler, JR, OLD-Florida
A few unnamed NFL execs have claimed that the Jaguars might surprise by taking a receiver here. I don’t see it. Dante Fowler Jr. is a physical specimen who’s pro-ready and tough to pass up at No. 3.
4. Oakland Raiders – Kevin White, WR-West Virginia
Ah, yet again the Raiders will go with the speed and upside of Kevin White over the readiness of Amari Cooper. Although there’s no more Al Davis, they still are the Raiders.
5. Washington Redskins – Vic Beasley, OLB-Clemson
With Brian Orakpo now gone, Vic Beasley will be perfect in Washington as an edge presence.
6. New York Jets – Amari Cooper, WR-Alabama
Because Vic Beasley is off the board, Mike Maccagnan will have a decision to make. Will he take Bud Dupree or even Shane Ray? No, we go with the upset as Amari Cooper is way too tough to pass up at No. 6.