#6. Stanford (4-0)
- Last Week: W 38-31 @ #19 Oregon (OT)
- Top Performer: QB KJ Costello (19-26, 327 yards, 3 TD)
- This Week: Saturday @ #7 Notre Dame (7:30 p.m., NBC)
The Cardinal’s reward for topping a strong Oregon team, where Costello kept pace with the touted Justin Herbert with Bryce Love still struggling, is traveling to South Bend to play a Fighting Irish team riding all kinds of momentum after a quarterback change.
#7. Notre Dame (4-0)
- Last Week: W 56-27 @ Wake Forest
- Top Performer: QB Ian Book (25-34, 325 yards, 10 carries, 43 yards, 5 total TD)
- This Week: Saturday vs. #6 Stanford (7:30 p.m., NBC)
A quarterback change worked wonders, namely to the tune of 28 unanswered second-half points that helped put the game away, for the Fighting Irish, who passed a potential trap game with flying colors under the guidance of Book.
#8. Oklahoma (4-0)
- Last Week: W 28-21 vs. Army (OT)
- Top Performer: QB Kyler Murray (11-15, 165 yards, 1 INT 7 carries, 71 yards, 4 total TD)
- This Week: Saturday vs. Baylor (3:30 p.m., ABC)
The Sooners have survived back-to-back close calls, and need a strong tune-up against the Bears before facing resurgent Texas at the State Fair in two weeks.
#9. Penn State (4-0)
- Last Week: W 63-24 @ Illinois
- Top Performer: RB Miles Sanders (22 carries, 200 yards, 3 TD)
- This Week: Saturday vs. #5 Ohio State (7:30 p.m., ABC)
The Nittany Lions have scored at least 45 in each of their opening quartet (including 42 unanswered in the second half in Friday’s win over the Illini), and they’ll need all the firepower they can get against the equally potent Buckeyes.
#10. Washington (3-1)
- Last Week: W 27-20 vs. Arizona State
- Top Performer: QB Jake Browning (15-22, 202 yards, 3 TD)
- This Week: Saturday vs. #25 BYU (8:30 p.m., Fox)
Before the schedule eases up with a trip to reeling UCLA, the Huskies, already taking two dangerous conference wins against Utah and Arizona State, have one more test in a risky non-conference game.