- Kristaps Porzingis: 36-40 MPG
- Carmelo Anthony: 36-40 MPG
- Courtney Lee: 30-34 MPG
- Derrick Rose: 28-32 MPG
- Joakim Noah: 28-32 MPG
- Brandon Jennings: 24-28 MPG
- Lance Thomas: 20-24 MPG
- Willy Hernangomez / Marshall Plumlee: 12-20 MPG
- Justin Holiday / Sasha Vujacic: 12-20 MPG
- Mindaugas Kuzminskas / Kyle O’Quinn: 4-10 MPG
Kristaps Porzingis averaged just 28.4 minutes a night during his rookie campaign under Derek Fisher and Kurt Rambis. This 28.4 number must change for his sophomore season.
KP hit a rookie roadblock and simply couldn’t log heavy minutes – despite how much he deserved to play. If Porzingis isn’t leading the Knicks in minutes in 2016-17, there’s a serious problem.
It would behoove New York to make sure Melo isn’t over 36 minutes on average. Again, the same can be said for the oft-injured D-Rose to a 32 minute level.
The key with this team will come beyond the No. 7 guy. Who will be the eighth and ninth players on the roster who step up to a tremendous degree?