The dreaded day has come as the 2015 MLB All-Star Game starters have officially been revealed. How many Kansas City Royals sneaked in?
By Robby Sabo
In the end it didn’t turn out as bad as we all originally thought it might, but still, the Kansas City Royals managed to squeeze four of their players onto the AL starting roster.
The official 2015 MLB All-Star Game starters are now out.
These Royals are outfielder Alex Gordon, shortstop Alcides Escobar, outfielder Lorenzo Cain, and catcher Salvador Perez. Incredibly, this number of four is higher number of All-Star starters than the franchise had enjoyed during the previous 25-years combined.
The top vote-getter from either league came in the form of Toronto Blue Jays third-baseman Josh Donaldson. Donaldson tallied over $14 million votes in all which sets a new All-Star Game record.
On the NL side, Washington Nationals super phenom Bryce Harper brought home the most votes with $13.9.
Here’s the official results for the American League:
- Catcher: Salvador Perez (KC)
- First Baseman: Miguel Cabrera (DET), Injured and won’t participate
- Second Baseman: Jose Altuve (HOU)
- Shortstop: Alcides Escobar (KC)
- Third Baseman: Josh Donaldson (TOR)
- Mike Trout (LAA)
- Lorenzo Cain (KC)
- Alex Gordon (KC)
- Designated Hitter: Nelson Cruz (SEA)
— MLB Communications (@MLB_PR) July 5, 2015
For the National League:
- Catcher: Buster Posey (SF)
- First Baseman: Paul Goldschmidt (ARI)
- Second Baseman: Dee Gordon (MIA)
- Shortstop: Johnny Peralta (STL)
- Third Baseman: Todd Frazier (CIN)
- Bryce Harper (WAS)
- Matt Holliday (STL), Injured and questionable to participate
- Giancarlo Stanton (MIA), Injured and won’t participate
[su_button url=”https://elitesportsny.com/2015/07/05/womens-world-cup-team-usa-world-champs-again/” target=”blank” background=”#000080″ size=”10″ wide=”yes” radius=”0″]NEXT: USWNT Champs Again[/su_button]