For Zack Wheeler and the New York Mets, Tuesday night was all about blowout city against the Cubs. Asdrubal Cabrera hits the DL.
[graphiq id=”2M78CZDdhch” title=”New York Mets Most Recent Game Recap” width=”600″ height=”553″ url=”https://sw.graphiq.com/w/2M78CZDdhch” frozen=”true”]
Ouch. That wasn’t exactly what Terry Collins and the New York Mets had in mind after winning four straight games and feeling good and dancing in the locker room.
The Chicago Cubs destroyed the Metsies by the final of 14-3 on Tuesday night. Starter Zack Wheeler came stepped onto the mound feeling great. He left after just 1.2 innings and 62 pitches, surrendering eight runs on six hits and three walks. The big blow came in the second when second baseman Ian Happ smacked a two-out grand slam to put the Cubbies up 6-2.
Other Mets News, Stories:
- Prior to the game, the Mets placed Asdrubal Cabrera on the 10-day DL due to a sprained thumb.
- ESNY’s Steven Wolff explains how the next two weeks will make or break the Mets season.
- ESNY’s Gregg Cambareri provides us a look at the reaction of the Mets newest prospect, David Peterson, when he was drafted on Monday night.
- Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News writes how it’ll turn out to be a huge mistake in not calling up prospect Amed Rosario.
- Mets History | - Mets Roster
- Mets Salaries | - Mets Schedule
- Mets Standings | - Mets StatsListen to "The MetsCast" on Spreaker.