Nick Durst and John Brown of The MetsCast dive into the New York Mets world of what happened in Philly and against the Marlins.
The New York Mets started their seven-game road trip with a sweep of the Philadelphia Phillies. The Mets lineup showed how dangerous it could be, smashing home runs all over Citizens Bank Park. The Mets have now won 15 of their last 17 series vs. the Phillies and are 29-12 against them since the start of 2015.
The Mets must have thought they were back in Spring Training by being back in Florida because that is the type of effort they put forth when playing the Miami Marlins over the weekend.
- What went wrong in Miami?
- Why has Terry Collins been pulling his pitchers Noah Syndergaard, Jacob deGrom and Matt Harvey early from games when they are dominating and under 100 pitches?
- Did Terry Collins mismanage his bench by pulling TJ Rivera after two at bats to put Lucas Duda in?
- Why is Josh Edgin in the major leagues?
- Why was Sean Gilmartin called up for T.J. Rivera when he hasn’t even pitched?
- Is there a better bench player in all of Major League Baseball than Michael Conforto?
- Will Amed Rosario live up to expectations now that he is the number one overall prospect in MLB?
All of this and much more on Episode 3 of the MetsCast with your hosts Nicholas Durst and John Brown. Follow them on Twitter to have your Mets questions answered throughout the season. @Nick_Durst and @si_sports.